Forth Bridges Forum
The Forth Bridges Forum is a Transport Scotland-led management Forum, established to make sure that those with a direct interest in the bridges – from local communities to motorists – stay at the heart of the operation and maintenance of the bridges.
It also has the benefit of allowing the Forth Replacement Crossing (FRC), Forth Road Bridge (FRB) and the Forth Bridge to be promoted under a single banner. The core members of the Forum are 1 or 2 senior officials from each of the organisations listed below.
- City of Edinburgh Council
- Fife Council
- Forth Bridges Unit Operating Company
- Historic Scotland
- Network Rail
- Transport Scotland
- Visit Scotland
- West Lothian Council
The Forum is managed by Transport Scotland, on behalf of Scottish Ministers, and meets quarterly.
Functions of the Forum:
- To establish and oversee a strategic approach to the operation and maintenance of the Forth bridges
- To maintain effective engagement with local communities on issues that may affect, impact or be of interest to them
- To promote the location of the bridges spanning the Firth of Forth as a unique tourist destination
- To support the Forth Bridge’s application for World Heritage listing
- To develop and support schemes and measures to encourage an increase in cross-Forth active travel and sustainable public transport.